a) Objectives of the project phase
- Depending on the previously chosen art form, the main objective of the phase is to development of a screenplay / textbook / script.
- To gain a basic knowledge of the characteristics of the type of text and its functionality.
- Theater education and drama exercises – final rehearsal
- Professional competence: literacy, development of basic knowledge about the chosen art form
- To develop competence in the field of social interaction: discussion, critique ability, decision making, conflict ability, cooperation, joy of experimentation
After a phase of reading the project novels, the project groups and trainers meet for the first writing workshop on the premises of the school. In a total of six lessons (300 minutes), they are now developing their scripts. The writing coaches lead the creative and group-dynamic processes independently (for example, using theater pedagogical methods). Together, the participants of the project groups re-immerse themselves in the material of the novel, discuss common perspectives, select the material of their storyboard and transform the result of these processes into two short film, theater or radio drama scenes. In addition to the task to give an insight into the plot of the novel, the development of an open, suspenseful conclusion (Cliffhanger) represents a special requirement of these scripts.
Pupils, writing trainers, teachers, photographer, mu:KU:wi project management
d) Temporal and spatial organization of the phase
The writing workshops are designed for 6 lessons (300 minutes in total) and take place in parallel (in different rooms of the school). Usually the workshop takes place either in six individual lessons or in double lessons over a period of 3 weeks. In both cases, the writing workshops is part of the regular school lesson.
According to the number of project groups (usually there are 4-5 groups), rooms – computer room, school library, empty classroom, sitting areas, auditorium – are organized by the teaching stuff.
e) Scientific research
Reading socialization, reading motivation, reading self concept, (digital) media usage
e.g. the evaluation of the time frame of the phase